Toronto based photographer and jewelry designer.

Designer, Urban Gardener and Nature Photographer!



Friday, August 27, 2010

Aisha On The Cover Of Times

The August 9th issue of Times magazine shocked me to my core. Featured was a picture of a young 18 yrs old girl, Aisha, whose nose and ears were cut off by her husband at the request of the Taliban.

My first thought in seeing this photo was how stunningly beautiful she is, even without her nose and ears. I originally tweeted about it on August 22nd, but I strongly feel that her story needs to be heard. However it is incredibly important to point out that even after everything that has happened, you can see how strong and beautiful she is.

The photographer who shot Aisha, is Jodi Bieber, attached is a video of Bieber talking about her approach in making the photograph.

Via Times]

No comments:

Post a Comment