Etsy has been around for a long time and is the leader in unique handcrafted products. Is it passe? Has it past its prime? These are the two main questions everyone asks. I personally don't think that etsy is passe, I think the problem is that there are so many sellers, it is difficult to know where to start looking for the product that you want.
There are just too many beautiful things to choose from, so where do you start?
- search by topic eg. Organic
- search by colour
- Check out handpicked items
Here are three new reasons in my opinion to check out Etsy again:
- It is a great place to test market a new business that you want to set up—reasonable posting costs and monthly sales commission.
- Great way to find new talent and craftsman
- An alternative to generic products you find in malls and stores
There are also three new reasons to check out my etsy again, below is the reason why:
There are so many jewelry sellers on etsy now, who are all so talented but how do you choose a great piece that will be timeless—one that you can add to any wardrobe? This is something that I am concerned with when I invest in a beautiful piece of jewelry.
Here are a few key things that I look out for:
- I usually want something very distinctive and different, not necessarily one of a kind but unique
- I generally want something that generates conversation, even over coffee
- A piece that is well designed
- Something that does not rust and can easily be cleaned to return to its pristine state
What do you look out for?