Toronto based photographer and jewelry designer.

Designer, Urban Gardener and Nature Photographer!



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bright Pink and Beaming

Today is another incredibly hot and sweltering day in Toronto, but great for taking photos. So hopefully when I have made more pieces, I will be able to take some fun shots of them. As for this very random post, I have decided to show you guys a picture of a very interesting product I found on my discovery and learning the skills of metal work.

Here is a product called Kool Jool, it is an insanely bright goopy pink. It is designed to protect certain semi-precious stones during the soldering and heating process. I took a picture to post up for you guys when I was using it for the first time.


I was lucky enough the first time that I applied it properly and did not burn my stones, however I did fail on soldering the joint I wanted as I was being very cautious of the stones.

Note: The pink goop gets everywhere, and it is a very messy process. I however don’t mind getting a little down and dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment